Well hello there! You found me ! Welcome to my little slice of what I dub “mine” on the vast world wide web. I’m so excited that you are here!
Well hello there! This is my place to connect, share, love on and eat my way through this wonderful thing we all call life.
I absolutely LOVE food. In addition to eating it, I love everything that is involved with a meal. The planning, shopping, prepping, creativity and the mess! Most importantly family, friends, smiles, laughter, sometimes tears, meaningful and lighthearted conversation.
Some of my happiest memories involve food.
The earliest memory I recall and one that I hold dear to my heart is making Egg Sandwiches (Egg Sammies) for my dad when I was little. Our family moved to Nevada when I was 7 and my Dad still had his company in California. He was gone most of the week and home on weekends. I would get up and fry up two eggs, oh yes, shells included, put them on two pieces of toast with a slab of cheese and a bit of mayo and call it good. I felt so proud, honored and humbled to make them for my dad. I can remember his smile as he ate them and looking back I recall him picking shells out of his teeth, smiling all the while. Awesome dad right? You betcha! Still is to this day! Although I don’t cook too many eggshells these days, at least I try not to. 😉
I can not describe the feeling that overcomes me when I am able to prepare a meal for someone and they enjoy it. It’s like a warm, fuzzy, squeaky feeling that just can not be put into words.
I’m so excited to get to know you better and I hope through this blog we can chat about food, life and become friends. I’ll start with some random facts about me. Who can resist that, right? Right.
- I drink entirely too much coffee. Well, I don’t think it’s too much but I’m told that constantly. I have two coffee pots, a french press, a kettle and a Turkish coffee pot on my counter as I type.
- I’m a health nut in my head. I can tell you the nutritional content and benefits of most foods and wage full-scale conversations on the subject. I’ll stop when I start to see your eyes glaze over. 😉
- I’m that girl that randomly drops off food. Cakes, cookies, and meals that you didn’t ask for.
- I dream of living on the beach. I mean ON the beach. Not near or next to; but on. Whenever I’m within 50 miles of one my toes must hit the sand and water if only for a minute or I don’t feel complete.
- My husband is my P.I.C. (partner in crime) I’m not half the person I am without him.
- My children (2 of them) are my rocks. Yes, we collect them, rocks that is, and seek them out to give to one another. Here’s a sample of the ones I keep in my kitchen including the latest additions from my son and his trip to Tombstone.
- I like to pretend I’m a cake artist. This was my first cake that I ever decorated, approximately 6 years ago. Here’s a tip: Don’t take on basket-weaving for your first decorating endeavor. My hand was clutched for a week!
- I was blessed to make a birthday cake for the same baby the shower was for. A slight improvement. Practice and patience grasshopper. (as well as an edible printer)
- My chili will knock your socks off and has won 4 times in chili competitions. I’m still debating posting that recipe. My love of sharing will have to win the war on my personal title accomplishment.
- I love spicy food. I don’t mean eh “spicy”, I’m talking Pad Thai at a 10 plus extra chili sauce please, spicy. Habanero? Ghost Pepper? Why yes, I would love a hundred or two. I’m still dreaming of the day I get my hands on a Carolina Reaper!
- Is it wrapped in Bacon? MINE!
- It has taken me 8 months to write this page.
- I graduated high school my junior year and started college in 9th grade.
- My background is Project Management.
- I am the chief, cook, and dishwasher at the Cafe at my Church. Every Sunday and whenever they need me to cater events or scrub the floor. I wouldn’t give it up for the world.
- I love to travel and meet new people. I’m not shy at all.
- I’m a certified (self-proclaimed) Pluviophile. I wasn’t aware of that until Facebook told me what it was. I’m told it is someone who finds joy and peace of mind in the rain and that’s me.
- I can sing you a Billboard Top 100 hit then turn around and rap Tupac without missing a beat. Music is another passion.
- When we become friends I’ll give you the link to the album you can hear me sing on.
- My mom is my best friend and a certified goofball. I come by it honestly.
- I have an amazing view from my back deck and do not enjoy it often enough.
- I will take my knife over a kitchen gadget any day. Except maybe a Mandolin on certain occasions. Those are pretty sweet!
- I love Mexican food and sometimes cook for the guys at my husband’s office. They think his wife is Hispanic. BEST COMPLIMENT EVER! Same goes for Hawaiian as well. Ono
- Last but certainly not least…. I love it when people say to me “I could never make that” Why? It’s an opportunity for me to encourage and inspire someone to get in the kitchen and trust themselves! I love empowering people to do what they think they can’t. I hope with this tiny space I have here I can inspire and empower you!
I’d love to stay connected with and hear from you! How can we do that?
Feel free to contact me anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org